Soap and Glory: Sun Kissed Tint Body Lotion

October 02, 2016 2 Comments A+ a-

Hey Guys! So now I'm doing my first ever review! So lets just hope it all goes to plan. Pray for my guys. Okay guys, the product I'll be reviewing is the soap and glory sun kissed body tint. I actually didn't buy this as one product, I got the whole Soap and Glory bundle for Christmas (thanks Grandma!), so the body tint came with the bundle. Being that I am black, I don't need a tanning lotion to 'tan' my body ;) My body has enough melanin for that so the question is, what do I think?

The Description

The lotion has a Shea butter and a Frangipani flower infusion. It instantly washes off and has no streaks. It should be left for 2-3 minutes to properly 'set' before you get dressed (please wait those 2 minutes, trust me, I've not waited and it's gone on clothing- yeah, it washed out but still be cautions.) The product also states that it's temporary and is long lasting.



Pros and Cons

Pros:
- It leaves a slight shimmer and shine, even on brown skin.
- Can be used as a normal cream (if you are lighter in tone and want to use it daily, use small amounts or mix with your normal cream so that it doesn't look too 'obvious')
- Washes out easily, don't have to be using a sponge, towel, kitchen roll, a CGP book and sandpaper to scrub off 
- Moisturising 

Cons:
- If you don't spread it evenly and it dries, you will have faint lines and streaks.
- Not that effective if you have darker skin like me.
- Shimmer is not that bold
- Can smear on clothing if you don't let it dry.
- Will rinse off quicker if you go swimming with it on


F.A.Q

How much is it?
The product itself is £8.00

Can I use it if I have darker skin?
You can but you won't have this bold, golden effect, it's very faint. 

Where can I purchase the product?
If you live in the UK, boots

Is it worth the price?
Personally, I wouldn't pay £8.00 for just the cream. But then again, I wouldn't pay £8.00 for any tanning product because I don't necessarily need it. However, I love using it as a regular cream or mixing it with another cream plus it's nice to have it come with the whole bundle. 

Overall opinion/rating?
Great moisturiser, bronzes skin faintly and is a nice texture (not too heavy/light).
3/5 

Thank you for reading my first ever review guys! Hope to do more in the future. 
Stay blessed,

Simply, Jessy Tee

2 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
18 November 2016 at 14:28 delete

Thank you for sharing this.. 3/5 isn't too bad but I might give this a miss! Also keep up your wonderful work on your blog pretty lady, I loved having a read through it! x

adelelydia.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Jessy Tee
AUTHOR
20 November 2016 at 07:17 delete

Thank you so much Adele ❤️
Your blog gives me life so to have you comment on my blog legit made my day.✨

Reply
avatar