4 Books To Read This Autumn

October 09, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


Hello beautiful people! So October is finally here, the peak of Autumn. Spring and Autumn - *heart eyes*. I love Spring because that's my birthday season and Autumn is just that month where everyone is inside, you get to drink hot beverages and wear jumpers etc etc etc. Plus the FOMO is not that bad seeing as it's not Summer anymore plus you're not freezing to yo' toes because it's not yet Winter. Just that nice in between!

One thing that I love to do during the colder seasons is to stay inside and either read or catch up with my series. So in this post I'll be suggesting some books you really should read this upcoming Autumn/Winter period.

Flowers in the attic

This has to be one of my favourite books (Noughts and Crosses comes first). I'm currently reading the second one and I'm planning to finish it hopefully by next week. This book is about four children who are locked away from society in an attic with a merciless grandmother. Their father has died and now they are to meet the horror and nightmares of which the attic has in store for them. I don't want to spill too much but I really want you guys to read this book! It's teen fiction and great! Warning: Might make you cry.

Secrets at St. Judes - Jealous girl

This is not the first book in the series but 'Jealous Girl' is equally as good. Roughly it's about a girl who comes from sunny LA to wet and windy Edinburgh. She befriends 3 other girls and they get up to all sorts. I would recommend this to younger teens/if you're in your mid teens. If you are 16+ you may want something more mature but either way Secrets at St. Judes is worth a read. It's a romance/teen fiction.

Siege

The thing about books is that they're not as graphic and detailed as watching a movie. A movie connects with you visually whilst using sounds. So usually when there's a horror or thriller book, I tend to read it regardless because I know it cannot scare me to such an extent. HOWEVER, if you're looking for a book to REALLY keep you on edge, I've got you girl! Siege has suspense. No joke! Every chapter is a cliffhanger. Very hard to put down. Definitely a thriller, not really a horror. It's about a girl who is trapped in a school with gunmen/terrorists and they're murdering/causing chaos across the whole school. But there's a twist... Quite interesting for me because it's set in the UK, so it keeps me guessing what I would do in the girl's situation. Warning: Quite sad at the end.

The story of my life

Anne Cassidy is the bae. All her books are interesting and intriguing especially 'Looking for JJ' which everyone should read at some point! I'm actually in the process of reading 'The story of my life' but so far I'm hooked. The beginning is a bit slow but it soon jumps straight into it so that's all good. Overall it's about a boy name Kenny who's looking for a guy named Tommy but if he finds Tommy, there's a possibility all hell might break loose, plus he only has a few hours to find him. I'm guessing it's teen fiction or thriller but most likely teen fiction.

Thanks for reading lovelies! Don't forget to check my previous post: Soap and Glory: Sun Kissed Tan Review !
"Just because you have a bad day, doesn't mean you have a bad life."
Love you all for reading, make the most of today! Stay blessed x

Simply, Tina Jayde